mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Forumula 9" / Marz 66 AC3? What?

The 66 is a PM fork.

I have Formula Mega brakes

The calipar bolts right onto the fork and works with an 8" disc.

I have the 220 mm disc that Formula sells so I ordered the adapter...(Not Cheap).

Pictures attached? What am I missing?

It says 220mm adapter. It mounts to the PM's but obviously the calipar is waaaay off the disc.

The adapter has a small groove cut into for the disc..so basically that adapter is mounted the only way it can be?

Is there different PM standards out there?

Any suggestions? Has anyone just made a DIY spacer before?

Forumula 9" / Marz 66 AC3? What?-dsc00052.jpg

Forumula 9" / Marz 66 AC3? What?-dsc00053.jpg

Forumula 9" / Marz 66 AC3? What?-dsc00054.jpg

Forumula 9" / Marz 66 AC3? What?-dsc00055.jpg
    Thanks,

ride hard take risks
    You can shim to fit using a longer bolt until you get the correct adaptor.

DetailsFA-5644 6" PM fork 74mm 74mm 220mm

https://www.bti-usa.com/public/manufacturer/FA/BR
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    you need a 180mm std post adapter aka +20mm post to post adapter. you need something like this one. the $12 dollar 185 post one http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...g+Bracket.aspx

mtbr member
    Did you try flipping the adapter downwards? If it rubs the disc then use a dremel to shave off some material till it doesn't.

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2clueless
    Did you try flipping the adapter downwards? If it rubs the disc then use a dremel to shave off some material till it doesn't.
    Think you hit it, usually the lettering will be on the inside and the arrow still points twords the fork.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I thought of flipping it but it is pretty apparent that there is a groove cut into the one side to fit the disc....that has to be the inside

I was just curious if someone else had the same set-up before I change anything or file it away....that adapter was almost $40 shipped...ouch...used to paying about $15 shipped for Hayes

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    As reptilezs said, you just need a +20mm adapter, since your PM tabs are for a 203mm rotor.

A 180mm adapter (for 160mm PM tabs) should do it

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thanks for the replies. I feel a bit dense.

I emailed Forumula: The response:

What you are seeing is the difference between the 6" PM and the 8" PM standards. The adapter you have is for a 6" PM for to a 220mm rotor, what you need is a 8" PM to a 220mm rotor. Unfortunately the adapter you need is not a part we have ever stocked here in the US. So you basically have two options: The easiest and fastest thing to do would be to just run a 203mm rotor and try to return the adapter. The other option is to try to find the proper adapter, part number FD40106-10. Your best bet is going to be to try to find it through a euro mail order company such as Chain Reaction cycles. It is something that we could special order for you but it would likely take up to a month for us to get it in stock.

I am apologize that we do not stock the 220mm stuff any longer, we saw very limited sales of those products here in the US and as a result stop carrying them about 2 years ago.

so....I'm feeling dumb but is that what you folks had suggested? I'm still not sure what adapter to buy. I had a PM adapater I had on a Mantiou Breakout for an 8" disc. It was close but still wasn't grabbing the disc correclty.

Can someone link me to the exact same thing that will work? I'd like to run the bigger disc. I'm well into Clyde and the extra stopping power is nice.

It doesn't look like Chain Reaction carries Forumula anymore.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdman-X
    Thanks for the replies. I feel a bit dense.

I emailed Forumula: The response:

What you are seeing is the difference between the 6" PM and the 8" PM standards. The adapter you have is for a 6" PM for to a 220mm rotor, what you need is a 8" PM to a 220mm rotor. Unfortunately the adapter you need is not a part we have ever stocked here in the US. So you basically have two options: The easiest and fastest thing to do would be to just run a 203mm rotor and try to return the adapter. The other option is to try to find the proper adapter, part number FD40106-10. Your best bet is going to be to try to find it through a euro mail order company such as Chain Reaction cycles. It is something that we could special order for you but it would likely take up to a month for us to get it in stock.

I am apologize that we do not stock the 220mm stuff any longer, we saw very limited sales of those products here in the US and as a result stop carrying them about 2 years ago.

so....I'm feeling dumb but is that what you folks had suggested? I'm still not sure what adapter to buy. I had a PM adapater I had on a Mantiou Breakout for an 8" disc. It was close but still wasn't grabbing the disc correclty.

Can someone link me to the exact same thing that will work? I'd like to run the bigger disc. I'm well into Clyde and the extra stopping power is nice.

It doesn't look like Chain Reaction carries Forumula anymore.

Thanks.
    Chain Reaction has all the Formula brakes and parts, including 2010.

Another possibility is to get a 66 from 2007(I think), those had 160 PM's, maybe you could just get a set of lowers from Marz. or someone who has scratched the stantions.

I ran a 220 on an 07 66, the power on a long descent was fantastic, for just regular trail riding without a massive front tire, skidding the front tire was a little too easy.
    Romani ite domum