mtbr member

formula rx and the one caliper help

other than perhaps weight are there any significant differences between formula rx and the One calipers? or differneces in their power and or stopping ability? im looking at a set of used r1 levers with rx calipers and a set of 2010 The One levers and Calipers.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    R1s have 22mm pistons The Ones have 24mm pistons. Bigger piston for better heat dissipation and more power.

mtbr member
    i have been using formula oro puro's on my mojo since 2008. i absolutely love them. i tried a set of 2008 The One's and just didnt like the feel of the levers., they had too much travel in the levers and basically needed to bring the levers to just about the bar/grip ... i sold that bike and brake to a friend who loves it.

i read that the newer The ones dont have the travel issues , and now that im building up a new 29er im looking for new brakes.

anyone know if the r1 levers with rx calipers will have the same or better stopping power as the oro puro's which came with kevlar lines? or if the r1's levers and r1 calipers will provide the same or better braking ability as the oro puro? im about 220 with all my gear on and mostly ride xc /trail stuff in sf bay area and truckee/tahoe.

The White Jeff W
    Im running RX's on my AM 29er and couldn't imagine needing any more stopping power than they provide. I ran ORO K24's before and as much as I liked them the RX's are that much better.

Me & bike together weigh about 230. I run 180mm up front/160mm rear. There's tons of long steep hills here and Ive never experienced the slightest bit of fade.
    No moss...