Mudder

Formula RX Brake Vibration- HELP!!

I just bought some Formula rx brakes, took them for a spin the past few days. The rear brake vibrates profusely through my whole bike and it drives me CRAZY. Nothing is contaminated and it seems to be center. WHAT the heck is the problem. Anyone have similar experiences??
    Haikus are easy
    But sometimes they don't Make sense
    Refrigerator

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    i had an issue with my rear brake where it makes a high pitched noise, when riding on my rx, i noticed that where the pads make contact with the rotor was a bit low. it was contacting the rotor arms. i put a washer between the caliper and adaptor to raise where the pad contacts the rotors and so far it solved my issue.

now as for your problem, i had the same rear vibration with my other bike that i used avid elixir cr. it would vibrate my rear triangle when i used the brakes. i noticed on this setup that where the pads made contact with the rotor was way low, so after my results with my other brakes, i decided to raise the calipers by using the washers. so far testing it out on the street, its been quiet. i havent got a chance to ride the trails since its raining alot here, but maybe this could be a solution to your issue. good luck