Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009

Formula RX adapter question

I've been searching for a while for the answer to my question I bought a set of Formula RX brakes(F/R) and plan to run them with 160mm rotors F/R. My bike uses the IS 51mm mounts. The RXs are 74mm post mount, not IS. Will my current Avid 51mm IS mounts work with the Formulas? I still haven't received them yet and want to get the appropriate adapters on the way, if needed, so I don't have to wait to install them Since the Avid adapters put my current Juicy7s basically in the 74mm post mount position, my guess is they will work fine with the Formulas as well. Anyone want to confirm?

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Your current adaptors will work just fine. Make sure you do not use thoose goofy washers avid uses between the caliper and adapter. I just bought the rx's and have had about ten ride's on them,they are amazing brakes. I like them better than my new saint 4 pots.

Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009
    Yea, I put them on the other day. The front adapter required some filing but they're on there and performing incredibly! I think I'm going to buy some proper Formula adapters once I get a few more areas of the bike sorted out but for now, all is well

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

185mm post mount

I may very well be in the same boat except... I run a 185mm avid rotor up front.
    If a 160mm mount worked on a 160mm avid rotor, wouldn't a 185mm mount work as well on a 185mm avid rotor