mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Formula Oro Lever body - push rod pulled out

I crashed onto my Oro K18 left hand side lever and managed to pull the push rod (I think that's what it's called, it's the metal rod that is attached to the lever blade that pushes into the lever internals) out. It is part #23 on the K18 exploded diagram on this page http://www.formulabrakeusa.com/?page_id=5.

Does anyone know if this is fixeable and how to do it?

Cheers.

Also I'm running The Ones on my DH bike, and was wondering what the purpose of that little metal part that stops the levers hyper extending is (it's bolted to the lever blade with a little hex bolt)? It seems like it would pull the push rod out of the lever body if you crashed hard onto the lever, can I just remove this piece?

mtbr member
    That rod should just pop back in, my son has done this twice recently. I thought he broke it but he just backed out the adjustment screw to gain free play and popped it back in. The OROs really are a great design. I have Megas too but the lever is different than the ONE so I can't help you with the other question.
    Pivot Firebird, Tomac Snyper, KTM 250SX

mtbr member
    May 2007
    that happened to mine to once. Just pop it back in. I did have to do a bleed after
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    EDIT: fixed now, cheers
    Last edited by Viv92; 09-15-2009 at 07:59 PM.