Jesus loved the dinosaurs

Formula Oro K24's are noisy

I've been riding on a set of Formula Oro K24's for ~ a year, now. The power is great, but are NOISY as hell. Is there a set up trick to quiet them down? If I clean the rotors with alcohol, they're ok until I hit a stream crossing, then they're squealing, again. I've changed the pads when the others have worn out... no difference.

Any thoughts from other Formula owners? What about changing to sintered pads? Would that help?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Mine were very quiet,

I sold them and bought 'The One's', which are very quiet as well. Try getting your mounting surfaces evened out with that Park tool.

Cheers,

Kane

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I have the same problem and have basically tried everything, including talking to the Formula guys. Sintered pads definitely help and, according to the Formula guys, torquing everything to spec helps (although I don't think that did much for me).

Also, check to make sure your rotors aren't bent at all. The slightest bend seems to cause a disproportionate amount of noise.

Try the sintered pads first though. That seemed to work the best for me.

Oh yeah, and I also seem to have less squealing after I changed my QR in the rear with a 10mm RWS.
    Last edited by LowLow; 11-26-2008 at 11:53 PM.

Jesus loved the dinosaurs
    Thanks guys. Sintered it is...

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    some squealing after a stream crossing is normal...since the rotors are wet... if the squaling continues for long, then look at alignment, even ad wear and rotor trueness

"in general" sintered/metal pads are actually noisier than organics, but I love the extra bit