Rider and Wrench

Formula Oro K24 VS Avid Juicy 7's

Ok I have used old scool Hayes, XTR 960's and BB7's and most recently Juicy 7's, which I find to be a decent stopper for XC. I recently had an opportunity to pick up a set of 08' Formula Oro K24's for a decent price but wondered if anyone has used both and can give me a definitive reason why the Formula's are better and and for $ worth replacing my Juicy 7's? Beyond the ratings on this site being a landslide to the Oro's being the Cat's Meow what can any users tell me (please put away all spoons, and crack viles!).

Will I notice a big change in modulation add power all other things being equal? Will they magically never rub or squeal again!!! Tell me it is so!

I have read that Formula was behind the design of the first generation Avid Juicy 7's so I am wondering just how different they will be and if it is worth the swap out- I had a Past bike with the Turkey Warble but overall I truely am pleased so my hopes are to get a bit more refined version of what I have-
    I Just wish I could ride more!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I own both. Power-wise they feel about equal in that I'm never feeling like I'm running out of brake. Modulation feels way more...natural on the K24s, I don't know how else to phrase it. The force you exert in your fingers feels like the amount that should be braking.

Not to knock the J7s though. If you're happy with the J7s keep them. The only reason I bought the K24s is because I am building a new bike and the J7s get to go on the new one.