Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41
  1. #1
    Bodhisattva
    Reputation: The Squeaky Wheel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    9,578

    Formula Oro BIANCOS...this time for real

    Just received my Formula Oro Biancos from Larry at Mtn High Cyclery. The finish is beautiful and I'm super stoked to mount these up.

    Pics include brake, rotor, adaptor & hardware.

    Front 200 mm rotor:



    Rear 180 mm rotor:

    Life....the original terminal illness

  2. #2
    RaD
    RaD is offline
    Trampelpfadbenutzer
    Reputation: RaD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    690
    Give me the 2-finger levers and the pads,you can keep the rest...
    I wonder where the 220mm rotor is????
    Good looking set of brakes,have fun with it!

    Later
    RaD

  3. #3
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,761
    Sweet, Squeaky!!!

    Too much snow to try them out???

  4. #4
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,761
    Sweet, Squeaky!!!

    Too much snow to try them out???

  5. #5
    Bodhisattva
    Reputation: The Squeaky Wheel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    9,578
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    Too much snow to try them out???
    No. Too much slush & muck right now. From a trail perspective things were better when it was colder. The warm temps have turned the trails to crap. Even the Pugsleys are struggling and they're creating too much trail erosion so I'll take a seat on the sofa until things shape up.
    Life....the original terminal illness

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    688
    Do those Biancos have carbon levers?

    I have found Formulas website to be quite annoying and lacking any in depth information and comparisons of their different models.
    You can't make a racehorse out of a donkey, but you can make a fast donkey.

  7. #7
    Bodhisattva
    Reputation: The Squeaky Wheel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    9,578
    Quote Originally Posted by A MAN CALLED HORSE
    Do those Biancos have carbon levers?

    I have found Formulas website to be quite annoying and lacking any in depth information and comparisons of their different models.
    I agree that their website leaves something to be desired.

    In reality there are far more similarities amongst the different Oro models than differences. All share the same master & caliper castings. The differences are found in the lever material, lever length, hardware (Ti v. alu) and pads (sintered v. organic) and the finish (gold, silver, polished).

    Biancos use an aluminum 1-finger lever & sintered pads for more aggressive trailride/DH application. I would have been happy with the Oro K24 but wanted the one-finger lever in particular. And, most importantly, the polished finish of the Bianco looks badazz.
    Life....the original terminal illness

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    688
    Quote Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel
    I agree that their website leaves something to be desired.

    In reality there are far more similarities amongst the different Oro models than differences. All share the same master & caliper castings. The differences are found in the lever material, lever length, hardware (Ti v. alu) and pads (sintered v. organic) and the finish (gold, silver, polished).

    Biancos use an aluminum 1-finger lever & sintered pads for more aggressive trailride/DH application. I would have been happy with the Oro K24 but wanted the one-finger lever in particular. And, most importantly, the polished finish of the Bianco looks badazz.
    Thanks for your answers Squeaky. Could you also tell me if the Biancos have a wide brake lever (where fingers contact) like the others or is it narrower. I like to one finger brake but love the feel of a wide ,flat lever like Hopes. Also, do you think Hopes floaters could be used with these, with or without any filing of the caliper?
    Be great if you could post a pic of them fitted on your bike
    Last edited by A MAN CALLED HORSE; 02-13-2007 at 04:15 PM.
    You can't make a racehorse out of a donkey, but you can make a fast donkey.

  9. #9
    No, that's not phonetic
    Reputation: tscheezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    14,365
    So did the terramoto show up, or what are those going on?

    We rode a bunch of bikes with the new Formulas on them at Interbike and they all performed quite well.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

  10. #10
    Bodhisattva
    Reputation: The Squeaky Wheel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    9,578
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    So did the terramoto show up, or what are those going on?

    We rode a bunch of bikes with the new Formulas on them at Interbike and they all performed quite well.

    Sigh....still waiting on the T-Moto.
    Right now those Biancos are just shop jewelery.
    In any event, it remains Pugsley season around here.

    The snow is melting fast & hopefully the Ventana will arrive soon.
    Last edited by The Squeaky Wheel; 02-13-2007 at 07:53 PM.
    Life....the original terminal illness

  11. #11
    Neg reppers r my biatches
    Reputation: FoShizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,260
    those are BY FAR the gheyest brakes i have ever seen; they should be perfect for you

  12. #12
    Bodhisattva
    Reputation: The Squeaky Wheel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    9,578
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    those are BY FAR the gheyest brakes i have ever seen; they should be perfect for you
    Are you just trying to run up your thread count?

    Fo, it's time for some new material. "Ghey" is so Jan 07.
    Life....the original terminal illness

  13. #13
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,378
    Those Formulas are beutiful! I love the look of that one finger lever, I diddn't realize they had that? That lever blade looks like it would suit my style perfectly.

  14. #14
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,678
    Do they come in black?


    Now, serioulsy Squeak... Dang, those are pure porn. They look like the Shizzle! (No, not that Shizzle... )

    Nice weight figure for such stopper.
    Check my Site

  15. #15
    Neg reppers r my biatches
    Reputation: FoShizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,260
    Quote Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel
    Are you just trying to run up your thread count?

    Fo, it's time for some new material. "Ghey" is so Jan 07.
    you are just jealous cuz you didnt coin the new spelling

  16. #16
    No, that's not phonetic
    Reputation: tscheezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    14,365

    Ok, I'll bite.

    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    That lever blade looks like it would suit my style perfectly.
    What exactly is your "style," pray tell?
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    338

    Formula Bianco GM edition

    Has any one seen or have a Formula Bianco GM edition? That's what a want...

  18. #18
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,378
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    What exactly is your "style," pray tell?

    I like to use one finger, by hooking it around the "curved" end of the lever. I developed this "style" while running gripshifters where as the lever would be positioned further away from my hand than my current triggers. I can never seem to get standard levers far enough away from my hands while still being able to comfortably reach the shifter.

    Also my new Magura Louis's don't seem to allow for me to mount them inside the shifters which is fine except I would prefer being able to grab that hook at the end of the lever.

  19. #19
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,678
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Also my new Magura Louis's don't seem to allow for me to mount them inside the shifters which is fine except I would prefer being able to grab that hook at the end of the lever.
    Not if you run them very close to the shifter... it could work if they're rather far from them.

    If it's any consolation, the '07 still can't be run comfortably inside the shifters.
    Check my Site

  20. #20
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,378
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    Not if you run them very close to the shifter... it could work if they're rather far from them.

    If it's any consolation, the '07 still can't be run comfortably inside the shifters.

    Yeah I've tried it all. Between the length of my hands, the bar I run, and the shifters, and brakes I can't make it work. It's cool though... I adapt as well as anybody, and the brakes ROCK I just wish I would recieve the 203mm rotor to mount on front. I guess there is no adapter for the 180?

  21. #21
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,761
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Yeah I've tried it all. Between the length of my hands, the bar I run, and the shifters, and brakes I can't make it work. It's cool though... I adapt as well as anybody, and the brakes ROCK I just wish I would recieve the 203mm rotor to mount on front. I guess there is no adapter for the 180?

    Do you mean that the adapter is not in stock? Because magura does make the PM-to-PM 180mm adapter (number 6 if I am not mistaken)

    magura

  22. #22
    No, that's not phonetic
    Reputation: tscheezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    14,365
    Not sure what shifters everyone has mounted, but I put my 07 X.9 triggers on the grip-side of my Louise brakes and I'm all about the 1-finger "style".
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

  23. #23
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,678
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    Not sure what shifters everyone has mounted, but I put my 07 X.9 triggers on the grip-side of my Louise brakes and I'm all about the 1-finger "style".
    2006 X.7's and yeah, they mount just fine but the shifter gets at a weird angle that in my case is far from ideal on the trigger.

    Wait a second, 'cheesy! Do the y X.9's are more like the X.0's right? So the clamping is a bit different...

    If so now I have a SRAM RD, so I may have the X.9's on my UGI list.

    Cris... I guess BA has the "old" louise with IS mounts. Not sure if the long arm or the short arm version, though.
    Check my Site

  24. #24
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,378
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    Not sure what shifters everyone has mounted, but I put my 07 X.9 triggers on the grip-side of my Louise brakes and I'm all about the 1-finger "style".

    That's nice.... and let me just say I apologize for using the term "style" to discribe the way in which I prefer to hook the end of the brake lever with one finger.


    And again, those Formula's are some of the pirdy-est brakes I've seen!

  25. #25
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    Cris... I guess BA has the "old" louise with IS mounts. Not sure if the long arm or the short arm version, though.

    Right... I forgot BA had the IS ones...... but anyhow I am almost positive he could use another maker's IS-to-PM adapter to use a 180mm rotor ... for example the Hope IS-to-PM 20mm+


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •