mtbr member

Formula The One R - what the hell is that?

hello there!

I'm looking for new brakes for my S-Works Enduro and decided to go with Formula The One brakes (wanted Hope's, but Formula's are lighter and the power is in the same range, I'd say).

anyway... I decided on The One's and this guy is now offering me The Ones R's. can't find almost any info on this R version.

what is the difference between the 'normal', golden The One's and red The One R's?

if anyone knows, please share. thanx!

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    it's for Pirates

mtbr member
    didn't get this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjduct View Post
    it's for Pirates

mtbr member
    Good day,

The One R's are a OE specific brake that differs from the standard TheOnes as they use a RX lever mated to a TheOne caliper.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FORMULA Canada View Post
    Good day,

The One R's are a OE specific brake that differs from the standard TheOnes as they use a RX lever mated to a TheOne caliper.
    ok. thanx for the info.
    the person selling them told me that the lever looks like RX to him.
    still it has a Reach Adjustment as you can see

is there any other difference? like less power, more power and such?
    thanx!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    If typical Formulas are anything to go by there will be AMPLE power for whatever application you want. I've even got to tame R1's for XC use.
    Rimmer - "There's an old human saying - if you talk garbage, expect pain"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRandall View Post
    If typical Formulas are anything to go by there will be AMPLE power for whatever application you want. I've even got to tame R1's for XC use.
    thanx for the info buddy.

these brakes were originally on the sellers 2012 Specialized carbon Stumpy Evo, but he prefers his XTR brakes and decided to sell Formula's.

bought the brakes and I LOVE the looks. my bike is 2011 S-Works Enduro which is black and red with a touch of white, so these Formulas fit that color schemes perfectly.

was originally actually thinking of getting the 'normal' the One's and change gold parts for red ones. this just saved me a bag of money.

I'm goint to mate the Formula's with Kettle Cycles SICCC carbon rotors. they'll be available from April, they say. until then I'm gonna get some more new parts (got Enduro with brand new frame and used Enduro Comp components).