mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Formula One with Goodridge kit #109 Owners

I am moving a set of "Ones" to another bike & have to replace the lines (too short) so I though I would try a set of Goodridge braided SST lines but I am concerned the connection at the lever won't be clean because of the rubber boot design.

Does the rubber boot fit over the Goodridge hardware ?
    Does the boot have to be modified ?

Pics of the connection at the lever would be great.

Thank you.

Commit or eat sh!t
    Just stick it in

I thought about trimming the rubber boot to make it fit (and you will have to trim a lot), but I wanted to keep the old line as a backup. Looks fine with the fittings going straight through the lever. I didn't even bother with that yellow heat shrink tubing. I will try to post a picture, but doesn't require much imagination to think about fittings going straight through the lever where the old fittings used to be.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Cable0guy
    Just stick it in

I thought about trimming the rubber boot to make it fit (and you will have to trim a lot), but I wanted to keep the old line as a backup. Looks fine with the fittings going straight through the lever. I didn't even bother with that yellow heat shrink tubing. I will try to post a picture, but doesn't require much imagination to think about fittings going straight through the lever where the old fittings used to be.

Yeah I thought the boot would have to be trimmed.
    The lever looks unfinished without the boot, I know it's just cosmetic but the brakes look so good it would be a shame to not have the line enter cleanly.
    I'll contact Formula to see if I can order extra boots.