the refurbished one

New question here. Formula The One and Goodridge hose

hi

does anybody know which connectors will work?
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/B...spx?BrandID=60

would it be possible to use the Avid connectors?

thanks a lot!

cheers
    hball
    Sokrates is dead, Galilei is dead, Newton is dead, Einstein is dead, Pantani is dead and i am feeling sick too.

'All over it!'
    The Avid sets are kit 108 & 109 and will not work with Formula as far as I know. I have just purchased goodridge hoses for my formula brakes and ordered kit 101.
    If it's just the connector kits you are interested in, then you would require connector kit 101.

If you look at the connectors for both formula and avid, you will see that they differ as formula use the banjo connector. Maybe somebody else could add more or even correct me If I am talking bollocks.....Hope this helps

Feeding your addiction
    Quote Originally Posted by hball
    hi

does anybody know which connectors will work?
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/B...spx?BrandID=60

would it be possible to use the Avid connectors?

thanks a lot!

cheers
    hball
    ONE's use the #109 kit, Oro series uses 107/101.

Larry
    Mountain High Cyclery
    larry@mtnhighcyclery.com
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity". - Dave Barry

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventanarama
    ONE's use the #109 kit, Oro series uses 107/101.

Larry
    Mountain High Cyclery
    larry@mtnhighcyclery.com

Thanks for that.Are you definetely sure they are? I have been looking at what kits i need for my ones and the kit i found pictured didnt look right for the lever end.
    Would the front and rear kit be the same but with different length hoses?
    Thanks

the refurbished one
    thanks Larry!
    Sokrates is dead, Galilei is dead, Newton is dead, Einstein is dead, Pantani is dead and i am feeling sick too.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I ordered the 109 kit for the formula the ones awhile back but ended up sending it back as after much head scratching and an email or two to the goodridge supplier I found you still need to use the original formula fittings for the lever end and the formula olive was proving to be a pain in the a*s to fit over the goodridge hose and I wasn't convinced on how good a seal would be made.
    Things may have changed since as it was a little while ago, but if your gonna do it, you'd be better off just ordering up one of the fitting kits for the oro as I'm fairly sure this will give you the two banjos you'll need for both calipers.
    hope this helps.
    cheers

Feeding your addiction
    Quote Originally Posted by travo
    I ordered the 109 kit for the formula the ones awhile back but ended up sending it back as after much head scratching and an email or two to the goodridge supplier I found you still need to use the original formula fittings for the lever end and the formula olive was proving to be a pain in the a*s to fit over the goodridge hose and I wasn't convinced on how good a seal would be made.
    Things may have changed since as it was a little while ago, but if your gonna do it, you'd be better off just ordering up one of the fitting kits for the oro as I'm fairly sure this will give you the two banjos you'll need for both calipers.
    hope this helps.
    cheers
    Hmmm, what part of the lever end fittings was not working for you? I've installed #109 kits on ONE's with no problems. The #107/101 kit for Oro's won't work on the ONE as the thread pitch on the lever body is different.

Larry
    Mountain High Cyclery
    larry@mtnhighcyclery.com
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity". - Dave Barry

mtbr member
    Yes, Larry is right...I have the 109 kit on my One's. You don't use the Formula olive with Goodridge lines, just screw the male fitting into the lever and attach the line with the female fitting and tighten them up.

Larry did you get any of the R1`s in?

Feeding your addiction
    Quote Originally Posted by blurman
    Yes, Larry is right...I have the 109 kit on my One's. You don't use the Formula olive with Goodridge lines, just screw the male fitting into the lever and attach the line with the female fitting and tighten them up.

Larry did you get any of the R1`s in?
    Haven't seen any R1's available yet, hopefully soon though.

Larry

mtbr member
    Also using a 109 kit on mine. Fit perfect, they came off my older Avid Juicys.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Hmmm, what part of the lever end fittings was not working for you? I've installed #109 kits on ONE's with no problems. The #107/101 kit for Oro's won't work on the ONE as the thread pitch on the lever body is different.

Larry
    Mountain High Cyclery
    larry@mtnhighcyclery.com
    Hi Larry, it's quite possible I was supplied with the wrong parts then as the kit I recieved didn't have any parts for the lever end other than the threaded collars that screw into the lever body, there was no insert for the hose or anything, after a few emails to the suppliers I was told I need to use the formula lever parts, maybe I'll order some up from elsewhere and have another go.
    cheers

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I Might buy 2 of these then at less than half price .Clear hose

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=10505

The only difference between the front and rear kit is hose length.I always put heatshrink over goodridge hose because the braiding is quite rough so it also dosent matter what colour the hose is because i can just buy coloured heatshrink.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    I've installed #109 kits on ONE's with no problems.
    Did You get this set:

Do I have the correct lever-end connector? Seems to be coarse pitch thread.

The reason I'm asking is because I previously ordered the same 109 kit from CRC and got diffferent lever end connector (fine pitch lever end) as seen here:

Thanks!

the refurbished one
    you do have the right connectors.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    One thing to look out for is that there are pre 2005 Juicy 109 kits and 2005+ Juicy 109 kits.

From looking at the threads on the lever body fitting, I'd say the pre 2005 kits are the right ones for The Ones. 2005+ Juicy's have a finer thread on that fitting.

Right?

Edit: It seems that there may be some mis-labeling in Goodridge land. I have a kit that says 'MTB109-1FCB-BK” on it and “Avid Juicy 5/Juicy 7 (2005)”….the kit for 2005 Juicy's with the fine pitch thread are supposed to be MTB110s.
    Last edited by Fogerson; 04-01-2009 at 02:26 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

109 kit on Formula RX

Hey,

This thread is a bit old, but I'll resurrect it for lack of info on this 109 kit otherwise.

I've transferred my Goodridge lines from Hopes to the Formla RXs using the pictured 109 kit from CRC. Things have gone pretty well, until I slid the longer tapered end down into the lever reservoir. There is NO o-ring that's meant to go on there as I can tell, and it's weirding me out. It fits snug, and everything's tightened up nicely.

I'll be testing it out tonight, but just wanted to hear back about whether this is meant to be attached to the lever with no o-ring in sight.

Thanks,
    Mike

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Got this from the Goodridge guy:

Mike,
    That fitting has a flare seat that should match up with the seat in the lever, so no o-ring is required.

3D guy
    I have to really tighten my lever end (tighter than I thought I should to prevent leaks). That was last year and no leaks and no problems. Also be very careful getting the cylinder to screw on to the end of the hose (e.g., do not mess up the cone end it is required to seat well).
    Geoff Stahl
    San Jose

BLTc, Chameleon Single Speed, Speedvagen Road

Legend
    Nov 2004
    I have e-mailed Goodridge a few times over the last few weeks as I find differing info on the Internet. From what most people say, my "The Ones" require the 109 kit, but Goodridge has told me 101 twice, and 109 once. This thread is pretty old, and I heard that Formula possible changed the thread pitch at some point which might be confusing things. This is exacerbated by the fact that I bought The Ones as old NIB stock (so I am not sure what year I even have).

I worry I am going to buy the wrong kit, as my luck is horrendous with these things and a mistake is pretty pricey (and time consuming). I should probably just pull my lines and see if I have fine or coarse threads ... would probably get me pretty close to a definitive answer..

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Here's some more info from Karl ( karl.kramberger@goodridge.net ) :

Thanks Karl for taking time to answer these questions. One last one! The threaded collar that holds that flared fitting into the lever is pretty long, and there are several threads exposed. The other side is even a bit longer. Any issues?

Mike

Mike,
    Shouldn't be a problem.

Karl

I think I'll answer my own recent thread and put together a Formula RX and Goodridge lines list of facts Formula RX and Goodridge lines Thanks for everyone's help so far.