Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Formula The One + Avid rotor???

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Ventanarama 
#1 ·
Just got a new Formula the one set with 7" rotors, and my old brakes, Avid Juicy 5, had 8" rotors. I'd like to leave the 8" rotor from Avid on the front and the 7" rotor put on the rear. So, what if I use my Formula brakes with this Avid rotor, will it be ok, or it's better not to do it? Won't it harm the pads or negatively influence the performance of braking?
Thanks.

#2 ·
lenin said:
Just got a new Formula the one set with 7" rotors, and my old brakes, Avid Juicy 5, had 8" rotors. I'd like to leave the 8" rotor from Avid on the front and the 7" rotor put on the rear. So, what if I use my Formula brakes with this Avid rotor, will it be ok, or it's better not to do it? Won't it harm the pads or negatively influence the performance of braking?
Thanks.
They aren't the same size, Avid uses 185mm and 203mm, Formula uses 180mm and 200mm. Definitely would recommend against it.
The other thing is that even with the 180mm rotor the Formulas have more power than your Avid's with 203mm rotor.

Larry
Mountain High Cyclery
larry@mtnhighcyclery.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.