Custom User Title

... and if we just ... Formula "The One"

Well I put mine and was getting ready for the first ride and then..............It started to rain for two solid days.

I don't understand all the problems people were reporting about setup, bleeding, and break in.
    I cut the hose down for the back and then bled the 'pump' with an Avid bleed syringe. I put some dot4 in the syringe and screwed it in and pulled on the plunger. up came two big bubbles. I released the plunger and did it again. Up came a couple of small bubbles. I pushed down on the plunger, lightly, until I felt it stop. Then removed the syringe and put the plug in. Wipe down the pump with iso-alcohol and was done. I decided to check the front and got a small bubble out of it and than was it.

Now the wait. starring at the best looking set of brakes I have ever seen and can't do more than squeeze the lever when I walk by the bike. Speaking of that these brakes have the lightest feeling lever. Even lighter than the Hope's and the Shimano 755's that I have. I really like the short lever blade. You can move the levers in so that you just hook one finger on them. I found out later that after break in one finger is all you need.

Well time came to see how they act in public. The first few brake checks made a nice Juicy squeal. That was good for some heckling from my fellow riders. Well As I proceeded with the way I break in new breaks I felt the power start to increase and the noise went away. On the trail I did some excessive braking to help with the break in. By the end of the ride the breaks were feeling better than the 755's that I really enjoyed.

These breaks are great and they aren't even broke in yet. The only place that I could ride was the wide track around where I live, because of the rain. I can't wait to get out on the single track and see how they act.
    Team MOJO Wheels.

mtbr member
    Nice man those breaks are amazing I will get a set when I get tired of the K-24's
    Quote Originally Posted by cascaderider9
    I just dont get the fascination with sucking the money cock.

mtbr member
    Nice man those breaks are amazing I will get a set when I get tired of the K-24's
    Quote Originally Posted by cascaderider9
    I just dont get the fascination with sucking the money cock.

3D guy
    Second ride on my Formula The One brakes...

Damn.. Hands down the best brakes I have ever used. Silent out of the box, a few minutes to set up, straightforward bleed when shortening the rear hose, and best of all, single digit power with great modulation. I have XTR's (965) with 7" rotors and goodridge lines on my previous bike and also have Formula Bianco's on a current bike, have ridden Juicy's also.

Note, this is on a Santa Cruz BLT2.
    Geoff Stahl
    San Jose

BLTc, Chameleon Single Speed, Speedvagen Road

TLL
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by coldsteele
    You can move the levers in so that you just hook one finger on them. I found out later that after break in one finger is all you need.
    Yup, one finger is all you need, and you don't need a lot of pressure either. I actually like my lever engagement a bit closer to the bar as it is less fatiguing.

I had the same experience bleeding my MEGAs, it took all of about 10 min to cut/bleed each line.

According to Chris @ Formula, the ONEs need a good long downhill run or two to be broken in properly.
    Hadley rear hub service here and here.

Got A Lust for Life...
    "The One" ruined me. I had some problems with them early as you may have read. I had some Saint calipers hanging around and decided to build them up during the wait with new XTR levers. I thought about selling "The Ones." I just could not get over the way they feel. I just put them back on tonight because every ride I went on I thought "you know, the Formulas performed better here...and there..." That and I hate having to use two fingers. I'm back on them and not looking back. They are sick. I was hatin' I admit. They ruined me with the performance. They are just that good.
    I am immune to your disdain.