I am a pathetic rider...
    Sep 2007

Formula K24's Vs. Magura Louise BAT?

Any opinions on which of these brakes to use for mostly All mountain and occasional light DH/FR? I would be running 203mm front and 203 or 185 in rear. How do they compare in terms of modulation, durability, stopping power, etc. weight isn't a concern seeing is how I am coming off of BB7's. I weigh about 220. Thanks.
    Save the Earth, Ride a Cyclist

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Cant comment on the formula's but bat's are fantastic brakes, i recently switched from hope mono m4's and in terms of power and control the magura's are far better(90kg in kit,with 185mm discs front and rear).

wuss
    Funny, I just switched from Louise BAT's to Mono M4's and feel they are nicer... I guess it's just psychology though, the Louise are really great brakes (just a bit heavy).

Flaccid Member
    I went from 255 to 215 #'s. Been running Formula K18's for over a year. 200mm front, 200mm rear is fine, provided you run the sintered metallic pads option. Simply a great set up, I run all mountain with occasional shuttle trips to Mammoth Mtn. Shuttle only trips add vertical up fast and are hard on brakes, period.

Word of advice... always, always, always live by the Boy Scout motto of Be Prepared when you own Formula brakes.... buy a bleed kit and always maintain 2 sets of spares for brake pads on any trip you go on with Formula brakes. Spare parts are hard to find in remote locations, so you have to maintain inventory yourself at all times. Failure to do so will leave you in a Non Op situation if you can't and don't plan ahead.

Other than that, they are great brakes, I am very happy with mine