mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Formula K24 lever letting air in

I took a small fall and my rear brake went soft. I tried bleeding the lever when I got home, but I can hear air and fluid moving through the lever somewhere. I don't know if I ruptured a bladder in the lever or what, but I could really use some advice on getting this thing scrapped back together so I can get back to riding.

I am no brake expert so any and all advice is appreciated.

mtbr member
    I recently got the same problem. My rear brake went soft, I bled it but it will only last a half a ride or so before going soft again. I hope you get an answer to your question.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I called Formula so hope to hear on Monday, till then I am running some old brakes that suck.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I talked to the guys over at Formula today. Super nice and helpful. They told me to check out their new bleed instructions and try again, or send them in and they would figure it out. I checked out the bleed instructions and they stated over and over to check the o-ring that aparently my brakes did not come with. So I took some o-rings off other things and swapped all of mine out and re-bled the system.
    Problem fixed and with the new instructions (that don't suck) I have super firm brakes now. I will take the front off tomorrow and redo it to get the same firm feel.