mcd
    uh, uh...oh, i forget
    Jan 2004

formula k18 vs. juicy 7's???

I'm a set it and forget it mechanic. i can get the k18's and the (2007)juicy 7's for about the same price, of course at that price i'll be running the k18's with my bb7 rotors, cause i'm not paying for new ones.

which ones??

thanks
    disclaimer: i (NO LONGER) live with my mom...

mtbr member
    If you want to run the K18`s you will still need to by a caliper adapter for both brakes so you can add on another $20 for the K18 set. If you want my opinion I have Owned Juicy Sevens 2007 and Oro puros. I sold the Juicys on Ebay to finance another set of Formulas. Go for the K18`s. They modulate better, are equal in power if not more, are easier to set up and if you need help formula has Grade A customer service.
    Just do it, Faster, Better, Lighter.
    bikekitchen.blogspot.com
    Single Minded

Feeding your addiction
    I agree, I prefer the Formula's also, though both are very good brakes.

Larry
    Mountain High Cyclery
    larry@mtnhighcyclery.com
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity". - Dave Barry

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I own juicy sevens and thought they were fine until i tried Magura martas the j7's are no where near as good. Everyone that i have spoke to owning formula brakes will never buy anything else.

Bottom line get the formulas and thats coming from a Juicy 7 owner

indigosky
    Quote Originally Posted by broom broom
    Everyone that i have spoke to owning formula brakes will never buy anything else.
    Exactly. Running K18's on both bikes. Better than :Avid juicy 7, 5, XT 2pot, XT 4pot, Hayes...

I will never run another brake as long a Formula keeps making them this good.

mtbr member

Another Formula vote

The K24's have both better stopping power and better modulation than the 2-piston Hope M4 - which I loved until I tried my wife's formula's. I can't imagine switching to another brake at this point.

fwiw - I haven't had Avids for at least 3 years, but most of my friends have '07 - '08 Juicy 7's on their AM and FR/DH bikes - they love them but would all trade for my K24's!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    For the same money, K18's would be my choice. I have Biancos and just replaced my Hopes with the Ones. I'm now one of the Formula or nothing people. A friend of mine has K24's and they're exceptionally nice too, the only thing missing are the sintered pads, the standard pads on K18's and K24's (and maybe Puros) are not quite as one-finger friendly as the sintered pads. You can always just burn up the standard pair and switch later.

Flaccid Member
    Amen, just ran the factory pads on my K-18s until they needed replacing, then went with the sintered pads. Formula and sintered pads are the hot ticket, can't go wrong for ease of set up and running them.