I like rocks
    Nov 2007

Formula K18 vs. Hayes Stroker Trail

These 2 are relative competitors in terms of price; I'm looking at them for a hardtail I'm sprucing up. They both sound like solid brakes, but my personal riding experience is limited to some older Formulas. Anyone given each of these a try ? Looking for some insights/opinions.

Just wanting to maximize my "braking dollar". Thanks in advance for any help

Flaccid Member
    I have Formula K-18's on my Bionicon Edison. Upgraded to sintered metal pads when my organics wore out. I couldn't be more happy with them. Service from Chris at Formula couldn't be better, he checks in from time to time here on this board.

Do some research on your weight, and how long and how steep you ride. It will affect your decision for the proper rotor diameter for you applications.

mtbr member
    [SIZE=2]I have the Strokerís and I think theyíre great, I havenít got a single complaint about them, the modulation is perfect, theyíre very powerful, no noise at all and the levers feel allot better than older Hayes brakes. They look allot better than other brakes, especially if you get the Stroker Trailís in white.

Unfortunately mine came stock on a Trance X so they are grey, itís a nice grey though:

[/SIZE]