agu
    mtbr member

Formula Brake Lines + Shimano XT 08 brakeset = ?

Hi brake boffins!

Will this combo work?

Formula kevlar brake lines and a shimano 2008 xt brakeset (levers/calipers)?

I'm looking for a non-Goodridge aftermarket upgrade for hydro lines...

thanks!

wyrd bi ful rd
    if the external and internal diameter of the Formula lines are similar to Goodridge lines then you can use the Goodridge adaptors with the Formula lines ...

Commit or eat sh!t
    Lever bolts may or may not fit. Formula uses different ones depending on your model. But Formula uses banjos where as 2008 XT's are bolts at calipers. Not sure why you would want to do this in the 1st place, but Goodridge is the way to go.

agu
    mtbr member
    thanks for the replies. my brake lines rub against my white frame and leave marks - was thinking of a more elegant way of preventing this (aside from putting protective tape).

Got a riding buddy who runs Formulas exclusively and and the kevlar braided lines look nice!

Commit or eat sh!t
    Quote Originally Posted by agu
    my brake lines rub against my white frame and leave marks
    You do realize Goodridge lines are covered by a clear plastic coating, right? Have you seen one in person?

Steel-braided lines should be used primarily on DH/FR bikes, since it would be a waste on XC bikes. And on DH/FR bikes, you shouldn't be so worried about a little bit of rub. I have a white bike, and I haven't seen much rub. You can always put tape or Lizard Skin protectors on your bike.

agu
    mtbr member
    Hi Cableguy

Yes, I've seen/ridden bikes equipped with Goodridge lines. Nice stuff indeed in the looks/performance departments. Just wanted to find out if there are other options out there.

Thanks and happy trails!