mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Formula brake hose

I'm looking into the K24 and found an amazing deal online but the hose length is 1650mm which I think might be too long for my Trance. Can the brake hose be cut to the proper length if needed or do I have to order the correct length hose?

banned
    Brake hose can be cut, you only need a couple spare parts to do so. My suggestion is that you see how it is on the bike. If it's still way too long, then cut it, but in general, I keep hoses that are somewhat long unaltered.

mtbr member
    If you buy the brakes new, they'll come with the stuff needed to shorten the hose (other than cable cutters). Just mount the brake, figure out how much you need to cut off, remove the banjo bolt at the lever, and cut the lever end of the hose while keeping it higher than the caliper. Don't touch the lever cause if you do, you'll squirt out fluid and suck in air. Keep the cut end of the hose higher than the rest of the hose and caliper so the fluid doesn't run out and create an air bubble. Bolt everything back up and you should be good to go.