mtbr member

Formula B4 pro any good??

found a new set on the bay cheap.Just wondering if they are good brakes.

is mounts...

banned
    Apr 2010
    Not really. In their time, they were ok and light, but the levers are always a problem with the fragile, plastics and alloys they used and you will not be able to get replacements very easily. In fact, Formula will offer you a "deal" for a trade in if you need parts of brake pads and the deal isn't very good.

They aren't terrible if you use like Hope levers on them, but at that point, there's not much going for them. They also pump up badly and fade. For weight weenies, they aren't even a factor anymore, because there are light, modern brakes, with better feel, parts, and heat isolation. Not to mention support from the manufacturer. You would also need the formula or avid bleeding kit for it.

mtbr member

Stay far, far away......

This was my first experience with the Formula product and as a result, I will never buy anything Formula again. POS ..

Hope is where it's at !!!!!

A wheelist
    Quote Originally Posted by vizsladog
    found a new set on the bay cheap.Just wondering if they are good brakes.
    is mounts...
    I got the first set of B4SL to enter north America and they're STILL going strong. I've never had a problem with them.
    Mike The Bike's home wheelbuilding info - dedicated to providing Newby wheelbuilder information and motivation.

Barfed
    Jun 2007
    Not sure that any 10 year old hydraulic brake system is very good no matter what kinda deal they are...just sayin...

banned
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike T.
    I got the first set of B4SL to enter north America and they're STILL going strong. I've never had a problem with them.
    Yes, so they're all ok!!!