Northeastern Rider
    Feb 2009

Fork Brace??????

Hello all,
    Looking to find a fork brace for my Manitou Axel Comp that will mount to the v-brake bosses. I have searched for a bit and haven't found much of anything. I don't have the budget for upgrading the fork right now so this is only a temporary fix. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    "The original concept of freeriding was that there was no set course, goals or rules to abide by. "
    Mountain Riders

Northeastern Rider
    Feb 2009
    It must also clear 2.4" tire in the front
    "The original concept of freeriding was that there was no set course, goals or rules to abide by. "
    Mountain Riders

What could go wrong ...
    there are 2 Magura brake boosters on ebay for $5 ... dont know if they have the tire clearance you are looking for
    I used to ride to Win ... Now I ride to Grin

While my guitar gently weeps, my bike sits there mocking me

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Something like that exists? Interesting...

Re-friggin'-Lax!!!
    There is no brace that is made to stiffen the fork up. There are brake boosters that you mount to the brake posts to keep them from deflecting outward when you apply the brakes. They improve the feel of the brake as well. (go to Brakes in ebay and search for booster)

If you are trying to stiffen up the steering of the fork, and you have a shimano (any hub with cup/cone bearings, you can get a solid/NON QR axle and swap yours out. Make sure to get the right length as it would need to be longer than current so that it will allow you to properly install the axle nuts. If you don't race there's no real reason not to do this.
    If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness is the deadbeat dad that knocked her up.

Northeastern Rider
    Feb 2009
    The addition of a brake booster to the fork, if configured correctly, will aid in stiffening the fork slightly, much like a lower tie bar on a car. It will be mounted directly to the brake bosses w/out v's in place in essence creating an additional bolt on arch.

Unfortunately I don't have the option of converting to a solid axle
    Mountain Riders