mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Fixing sticky XX levers

Ideas?
    MCH Co-Captain

Plays with tools
    have you tried dropping a little lube in there? Most of the time it seams to be the pivot the lever rides on but I've seen it come from where the piston attaches to the lever as well. Regardless I would pull it all apart and put a very light coat of oil on everything and reassemble. Could be something as one of the little set screw being just a little to tight as well.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    That happened to my 2011 XX world cups within weeks of purchase/installation. If they are still under warranty send them in. My LBS sent them in and Sram sent me a new set of the 2012 XX WCs, which have been a million times better. No more mushy sticky lever.... yet.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Thx. Dropped them off @ the LBS yesterday. It would be nice if the would warranty the pair but most likely just the one. Playing the waiting game now.
    MCH Co-Captain

dirtbag
    OP doesn't give detailed info to diagnose... so I'll give my experience on sticky Avid levers.

One of the levers on my Juicy's were sticky, wouldn't return. Decided to take the lever apart to see what was up. Took the lever pivot bolt out and found there was some gunk on the pivot barrel. Cleaned it off, reassembled and good a new!
    Amolan

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I have been fighting this with my X0, I installed a lever service Kit and still had the issue, I installed a caliper service kit and the problem disappeared.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I will tell you it took SRAM forever to send the new brakes out. I was without a bike for a month because they didn't have them in stock and didn't tell the LBS. But it was worth the wait in the end. You might tell them to check to see if SRAM has them in stock before they dissassemble everything.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I live in upstate NY so the trails aren't rideable for a while anyway.
    MCH Co-Captain