mtbr member
    May 2008

Fine tuning Avid Juicy Sevens

I just got my bike today. I tried adjusting a few times using the squeeze 5-6 times, hold and tighten the bolts but it was rubbing for a while. When it finally stopped rubbing, the stopping power seemed kind of week. Is there a better approach to fine tune these brakes?

Read the disc brake FAQ at the top of the page. You'll need to bed in the pads/rotors before you get max stopping power...
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikinfoolferlife
    Read the disc brake FAQ at the top of the page. You'll need to bed in the pads/rotors before you get max stopping power...
    Thanks, I didn't see the FAQ before but I just read through it. I found this on it:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I just installed my disc brakes, but they’re lacking in power. Why?

Disc brake pads take a certain amount of time to “break in,” and to properly bed themselves in. Until then you will not have full power and on some brakes in the early stages, you won't have much power at all! See the owner's manual for bedding in tips from the various makers. Just don't listen to the stories about pouring water or coke over the brakes to speed up the process. 20-100 stops should see the brakes at full power. Just ride normally for two or three rides and apply the brakes many times especially on downhills.