"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx

Filling Hayes Brakes

Okay, I've just dealt with it for the past few years for the times when I've had to change the fluid or add fluid to my brakes. But I'm finally sick of using the stupid little bottles with hoses that slide off every time you put a bit of pressure intot he bottle.

So, is there an easier way to fill Hayes Hydros than using their bleed kit? My tube keeps falling off even with teh stupid spring thing that's supposed to keep the darn thing on the bottle. I end up making a big ol mess spraying fluid all over the place. Is there something easier? I was thinking maybe just a syringe or something.

Maybe my bleed kit is just past it's prime and it's time for a new one.

Any suggestions?

YR

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeti_Rider
    Okay, I've just dealt with it for the past few years for the times when I've had to change the fluid or add fluid to my brakes. But I'm finally sick of using the stupid little bottles with hoses that slide off every time you put a bit of pressure intot he bottle.

So, is there an easier way to fill Hayes Hydros than using their bleed kit? My tube keeps falling off even with teh stupid spring thing that's supposed to keep the darn thing on the bottle. I end up making a big ol mess spraying fluid all over the place. Is there something easier? I was thinking maybe just a syringe or something.

Maybe my bleed kit is just past it's prime and it's time for a new one.

Any suggestions?

YR
    A lot of people use a syringe instead of the plastic bottle.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDee
    A lot of people use a syringe instead of the plastic bottle.
    oh my, the syringes work so nice. I pump mine so full of brake oil, they squirt brake fluid when I take the recess line off. Also they are hard right away...no three pulls to get them working right. First time brake squeeze they are working.

local medical supplies are best to get a syringe. I also use zip ties to hold the lines (tubes) on
    Last edited by SHIVER ME TIMBERS; 02-26-2005 at 03:06 PM.
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    oh my, the syringes work so nice. I pump mine so full of brake oil, they squirt brake fluid when I take the recess line off. Also they are hard right away...no three pulls to get them working right. First time brake squeeze they are working.

local medical supplies are best to get a syringe. I also use zip ties to hold the lines (tubes) on
    i'll go pick one up. i figured it'd work but just wanted to hear what others have been using.

YR