Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    58

    Eno eccentric disc brake adapter compatability

    I am planning on having disc tabs added to my 14 year old Titus FCR. I run it SS with an Eno eccentric rear hub and will have to run the White Industries disc brake adapter. WI says it only works with Hayes but I have heard that others do work. Does anyone have any experience running it with anything else? I would like to get the new XTR Trail brakes if possible...
    ps. does anyone know a good Ti welder to do the job for me?

  2. #2
    Appalachian Singletrack'n
    Reputation: Endomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,418
    I have used one with a BB7 and a Juicy 7. It was flawless with either. I sent you a PM as well.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    58
    Thanks a bunch Endo, I just ordered an A2Z disc brake adapter that one of the threads mentioned, maybe it will save me a weld job, if not, well it was only $40 gamble... The other threads sound encouraging, as long as I am willing to get out the dremmel/grinder I should be able to get shimano XTR to work..

  4. #4
    Linoleum Knife
    Reputation: forkboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,288
    Quote Originally Posted by bradg View Post
    WI says it only works with Hayes but I have heard that others do work.
    Are you talking about this?



    It works with pretty much any post mount rear caliper. I've run it with Avid, Shimano and Hayes.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    58
    That is what I am talking about. Glad to hear it works with Shimano. Thanks!

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    69
    I ran it with Hopes with no real issues.

  7. #7
    my bike gained weight
    Reputation: MrBiggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    67
    Old thread resurrection: I'm jumping through mental hoops planning a SS cross bike with disc brakes. The guys at Speedgoat are skeptical of this adapter and are recommending something like the Surly Singleator. Nice to read the good comments -- so it seems to work pretty well in making sure the disc brakes work with the ENO hub? Any cautions?

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Shalom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,002
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBiggs View Post
    Old thread resurrection: I'm jumping through mental hoops planning a SS cross bike with disc brakes. The guys at Speedgoat are skeptical of this adapter and are recommending something like the Surly Singleator. Nice to read the good comments -- so it seems to work pretty well in making sure the disc brakes work with the ENO hub? Any cautions?
    Nope. Works well. Should do though, as it is designed for the ENO hub.

  9. #9
    my bike gained weight
    Reputation: MrBiggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalom View Post
    Nope. Works well. Should do though, as it is designed for the ENO hub.
    Thanks.
    I think it's the combination of hub and frame that can be trouble. Even the folks at White responded with basically a "I don't know, I guess you have to try it and see."


  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Shalom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,002
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBiggs View Post
    Thanks.
    I think it's the combination of hub and frame that can be trouble. Even the folks at White responded with basically a "I don't know, I guess you have to try it and see."

    Sorry, didn't click to that aspect. Doh

    Let us know how it goes!

Similar Threads

  1. A2Z disc brake Adapter compatability
    By Kanerade in forum Brake Time
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-02-2011, 06:57 PM
  2. Disc Brake Compatability
    By SlickSoL in forum Trek
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-28-2009, 11:30 AM
  3. White Ind Eccentric Eno - Disc Brake Selection
    By Wrex Everything in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-18-2008, 07:12 AM
  4. Gyro - Disc brake Compatability?
    By jeffgothro in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-09-2007, 05:47 AM
  5. ENO Eccentric Disc Hub and Adapter
    By nzumbi in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-23-2005, 11:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •