Thread: Elixir SL?

mtbr member
    May 2004

Elixir SL?

What exactly does the SL signify. From what I can tell it's just a difference in the pads. If this is the case will regular Avid metallic pads fit in the SL caliper? I'm going to want metallic pads I'm sure. I read on here a guy having a problem with that but there didn't seem to be a clear answer

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Just threw a set of Elixir pads in my SL's today, haven't given them a good go yet but they drop into the calipers no problem and seem to work just riding around the driveway, so I don't see an issue

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BizMarkie
    Just threw a set of Elixir pads in my SL's today, haven't given them a good go yet but they drop into the calipers no problem and seem to work just riding around the driveway, so I don't see an issue

Thanks

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Do your SL's have the brown levers?

I have a set of SL's I picked up off eBay. My understanding is that these were OE spec for specialized and are basically the Elixir R's with black/brown colors and possibly split pads (one sintered / one organic)... but otherwise, same as the regular elixir R. Either way I am very happy with mine.