mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Elixir Help!!!!!

New set of Elixirs. Just curious to know what is normal with these brakes. I can pull the brake levers about an inch from the bar before the pads make contact with the rotor enough to stop it in the stand. I have already bled twice and getting the same result. My hopes are almost instant when you grab the lever. The elixirs have much more room before they grab. IS THIS NORMAL OF THESE BRAKES????????????

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by leonidas 119
    New set of Elixirs. Just curious to know what is normal with these brakes. I can pull the brake levers about an inch from the bar before the pads make contact with the rotor enough to stop it in the stand. I have already bled twice and getting the same result. My hopes are almost instant when you grab the lever. The elixirs have much more room before they grab. IS THIS NORMAL OF THESE BRAKES????????????
    Not on my new ride - the CRs grab instantly - apart from a little break-in squeal that went away pretty quick, they've been decent overall.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    i have a lot of travel before the pads make contact and the pad contact adjustment is adjusted all the way,
    not real happy with them so far.....

mtbr member
    Try adjusting the lever reach out a little further. Should be a little ~ 1.5mm allen on the inside of the lever. Turn it clockwise and you will see the lever move farther away from the bars. Usually this helps.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    they are 2010 elixir 5. No pad adjustment,

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I have Elixir CR's and the pad contact point is very quick when I pull the levers - maybe half an inch (until I lengthened it with the pad contact adjustment).