mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Elixir CR Mag question...

I was riding today and had a small spill that sent the bike tumbling a bit, nothing bad. Afterwards my rear brakes had zero pressure and the front was fine. Typically I would just fix the issue but this is the second time in a month I lost my rear brakes. The other time was out of the blue, one day they worked the next they didn't. Just to note that I just had them bled last week...???.

I'm almost at the point of just purchasing some new Formula R1's. It really sucked climbing a few thousand feet just to baby it back down the hill. Hopefully someone here will have some insight on what I could do to remedy this. BTW...I typically have the LBS work on my bikes due to the limited time I have, which is why reliability is key.

Alan

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Well, I just had the Formula R1 brakes and rotors installed and I love it. I now have 180 front and 160 in the rear. The modulation between the Elixir and Formula's are like night and day. On my very first pass down a common trail that I ride with the new R1's I beat my PR. Definitely worth the upgrade but time will only tell how reliable they really are.