mtbr member

elixir CR or JUICY CARBON

hello everybody, i'm wondering on an upgrade to my RIZE brakes,
    i was wondering on getting the AVID JUICY CARBON in white because they would look so good on my bike ... but checking the prices i see the elixir CR being alot cheap , and a few people say they are better than the juicy's ... so i would like to ear a few more opinions about it,

has anyone migrated from juicy 7 to elixir CR ???
    Sai da cama e vem para a lama !!!!!

mtbr member
    I've read that the Elixir line of brakes replaces the Juicy brakes...

Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ALLMOUNTAIN18
    I've read that the Elixir line of brakes replaces the Juicy brakes...
    They are lighter than Juicy 7's and stronger. I got mine for 130 a wheel. Initially they were a little noisy but they are powerful. Haven't had em long but they are quiet now. They are easy to setup too. Not sure how durable they will prove to be but they feel great.

Meh.
    I got to play with a set of Elixir CRs for the last week. I'm pretty impressed.

mtbr member
    hummm. maybe i should go for muscle instead of bling blig ....
    Sai da cama e vem para a lama !!!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmangts
    They are lighter than Juicy 7's and stronger. I got mine for 130 a wheel. Initially they were a little noisy but they are powerful. Haven't had em long but they are quiet now. They are easy to setup too. Not sure how durable they will prove to be but they feel great.
    Did you get the Elixir CR for $130 a wheel or were they the Elixir R?
    If they were the CR, then can you tell me where?.. Thanks..

mtbr member
    Yes - where did you Get Elixir CRs for $130/wheel? That's an insanely good price...

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    went from BB7's to Juicy 7's w/160 front and rear to Juicy 7's 185 front/160 rear, and now Elixir CR's 160 front and rear. Don't think I could ever go back to the Juicy's. The Elixir's are much more powerful and have a ton of modulation. Mine started absolutely quiet and now won't shut up, but performance has not been reduced.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by iaintdumb2
    The Elixir's are much more powerful and have a ton of modulation. Mine started absolutely quiet and now won't shut up, but performance has not been reduced.
    Same report here. Love the power and modulation. First ride bed-in started quiet, then the front started squealling. After adjusting a bit, the second ride was much quieter. It'll be interesting to see how they hold up in time, but so far they are awesome.

mtbr member
    they look pretty bling to me... although I did go with the 2009 Magura Marta SL
    Attached Images Attached Images

"Furruccio....Bite Me!"
    My riding buddy got a set of Elixer's a few months back. And I can say after trying them a couple times, I will be getting some to replace my Juicy Carbon's. They modulate much better and feel noticeably more powerful. Plus, the pads are easier to change. I hated changing pads on the Juicy's.

mtbr member
    Just installed the Marta SL 2009's - 180mm front / 160mm rear. Will take them out for a spin next weekend. Pressure point is very hard & spot on, brake lever ergonomics are a dream. They really mold perfect in your hand

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I just hooked up some Elixir CRs and they blow away the Juicy 7's and El Caminos that I had before. I really don't care about modulation that much (but the modulation is great); what I really like is the power on these suckers. The negative is I can't get rid of a slight squeel in mine but it is worth the performance.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by smithrider
    I just hooked up some Elixir CRs and they blow away the Juicy 7's and El Caminos that I had before. I really don't care about modulation that much (but the modulation is great); what I really like is the power on these suckers. The negative is I can't get rid of a slight squeel in mine but it is worth the performance.
    IS or post mount?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I ride, not much of a wrencher. Not sure if it is international standard or post and I am unsure of the nuanced differences. Running a 205 on a 2009 Fox 36 Talas on front and a 160 on the rear of my Intense Tracer VP. I am sure someone can tell me if my adapters are IS or Post.

Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ALLMOUNTAIN18
    Did you get the Elixir CR for $130 a wheel or were they the Elixir R?
    If they were the CR, then can you tell me where?.. Thanks..
    They are the CR model. My LBS hooked me up because I bought a frame from him. I see you already posted in the thread in the SoCal forum so I am sure you figured it out. I don't know if he will give you as good a deal but I know he will beat any online price, especially for first time customers.