Hey guys, I bought these brakes new almost 2 years now. I have not had to really do any maintenance as they are not used a lot (probably less than 1000 km since I bought them) and only ride in dry conditions. They have performed well up to about 2 months ago until I noticed something strange when applying quick pressure to the front brake lever.
- When squeezing the lever very quickly there feels like a lot of resistance buildup in the lever/piston.
- If squeezing at a slow or average rate the resistance from the lever feels normal.
- This is the case whether I'm riding, or stationary.
- There is no loss in braking power once the pads are engaged while riding.
- The other (rear) brake lever works without issue.
- The most annoying thing other than the weird feel is that repeated quick braking will fatigue my hand faster due to the extra force necessary to apply the brake.
- Visual inspection did not reveal anything unusual externally (i.e. leaks, bends in housing, etc.)
- Caliper pistons appear to move smoothly
- Front brake has been bled using the Avid Bleed Kit with DOT 5.1 fluid as per exact instructions from Avid/SRAM.
My next steps would be to disassemble the lever to inspect it internally and to contact Avid support, but thought to post here in case anyone has experienced this issue before and maybe save me the mess of gutting this thing.
Results 1 to 3 of 3