Rider, Builder, Dreamer

elixir brakes: shooting vibrations through bike

I have a set of elixir brakes giving me a problem. Every time I brake in the rear I get this crazy vibration that shoots through the frame, up the seat post and directly to my crotch. as fun as this sounds it really is annoying. have tried new rotor, new pads, and even beveling the pads to no avail. any thoughts?

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    man I feel your pain. I have a 3 wk old Stumpjumper FSR and have about 40 miles on it. On my last ride I started getting a wicked vibration coming from the front. I took it into my lbs to see if they can do anything under warranty. if not looks like new system for me. I have Elixir 5's on my bike.
    Make sure nothing is loose on yours. sounds like you have tried mostly everything

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Copy & paste from another thread about the same thing: Experiment time: Go out for a spin down the block and hit the rear brake. Once the vibration kicks in, carefully reach behind you and grab hold of the seat stay. If the vibration stops or decreases significantly, the brake ain't the issue, but a symptom of something else.
    You are not what you own.