Low Rep Count

Elixer CR squeal (what pads to use)

Ok, I saw this mentioned before but can't seem to find it. I have Elixer CR's and while they work great, the rear squeals. The front is fine though. I'm not worried about whether or not they wear faster, I just can't deal with the squealing. So, with that said, what pads do you guys recommend? Currently running the stock pads w/ KCNC rotors.

A link of where to get them would be great. Thanks fellas!

Avid organic pads will reduce the noise. PERFECTLY centering the caliper will help, as well. Here's a link to the pads:
    Amazon.com: Avid Elixir Disc Brake Organic Pads with Steel Back: Sports & Outdoors

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    shimano xt icetech rotors with the stock semi metalic pads actually got rid of the noise for me.
    Juice

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I use Ashima Airotor+Ashima Brake pads works perfectly. No squeal.

How much does it weigh?
    I fixed some Elixirs by chamfering the leading and trailing edges of the pads slightly. Takes 2 minutes per wheel, and helps a lot.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I recently got a bike with Elixir CRs and even though I went through the bedding process, they still squeal. Like the OP, I was wondering if anyone had more suggestions? I ordered "Squeal Out" which hopefully will work.