mtbr member

Elixer 5 pad adjustment?

SO got a new bike that came with Elixer 5s. The rear brake is fine, but the front is rubbing just a bit. I've tried all the relevant adjustments, but still pretty tight. Any way to dial back the pads some so they are not so close to the rotor? I can't seem to find the user manual on SRAM's website.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

mtbr member
    I believe your only recourse is to reset the pistons -- remove your pads and push the pistons in with the end of a box wrench or big screwdriver. You may have to bleed the system to let a little extra brake fluid out. Do you have an Avid bleed kit?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

fix

service manual and tech manual link
    is at sram.com/service/avid/68]Service Resources - Avid | SRAM

what do you mean by relevant adjustments. check to make sure you don't have a stuck piston in caliper. if all is good there, retract pistons all the way back flush to caliper and reinstall brake pads and wheel. pull lever till pads are gripping rotor and align the calipers. tighten caliper bolts down and release the lever and you should be good to go. If not, do again but this time look down through the brake pads with the lever open and see which side is too close. loosen the caliper bolts a little and move (ever so slightly) the caliper so that there is a crack of light on either side of rotor and pad. tighten the bolts and your done.

or just take it back and have the shop you bought if from do it.