Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

El Camino Squeal

876 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Randy@Hayes 
#1 ·
I have been riding a set of El Caminos on my new Intense Uzzi Vpx and the rear set squeals and squeals. I have tried adjusting them with the power know on the lever, but that doesn't help. They sometimes squeal even when I am just riding along and not applying any pressure to them? I had them installed at my LBS. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

#3 ·
Alignment?

Sounds like the pads were not aligned on the disc very well if they make noise without squeezing the lever. I'd take them back to the shop and have them align them again. If the rear mount is not perpendicular with the axel the pads are not contacting the disc at the same time. That is a frame issue. Contact the frame manufacturer.

Randy

#5 ·
Randy - US Nationals/Tech Support?

Randy - Will the Hayes Race rig be at the US National in NJ over Memorial Day? I would love to have you guys set up my brakes as my LBS is just a Mom and Pop store who are not great with High End gear.

Also - can I send you a self addressed stamped envelope to get some Hayes and
El Camino stickers?

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.