Old school BMXer

El Camino Brake Pads???

It's about time to replace the brake pads in my El Camino brakes. I always thought they used the same pads as the rest of their brakes, until I recently actually looked at them. I always keep a few sets of the pads around for their regular Mag brakes (since I have them on four other bikes), and I was really dissappointed to find the EC pads are different! And a lot less pad surface area, which may explain why they don't work as well as the Mags and others.

I've been looking through the online sites, and no one seems to carry the EC pads? Any suggestions? Did Hayes drop the ball with availability on these? I bought these because they were the latest and greatest, and I expected the same level of availability as their previoius components, but you can't find any replacement stuff for these!

Meh.
    Actually they don't work so well because the fluid capacity is tiny. The system heats up quickly and fades siginifcantly.

I'm not a fan. There was nothing wrong with the Mags.

As for the pads, try your shop. Even if they need to order them, they shouldn't have any problems getting them. Distributors such as BTI do have the pads in stock.