mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Dumm qwestchun on BB7's ...

I want to toss a BB7 disc brake on the front of my HT. So I'm searching around for best prices and I see that places want you to specify whether you want a 'Front' or 'Rear'. I don't understand why they would be different since you only get a caliper/rotor/adapter - does not include the brake line (which is where the difference is in Hydro's). Am I missing something or are they the same??

~Disc~Golf~
    the adapter offsets are different - and if I'm not mistaken, they throw in a post adapter as well when you order the front.
    just order the front
    Honestly... ahh I give up

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll
    the adapter offsets are different - and if I'm not mistaken, they throw in a post adapter as well when you order the front.
    just order the front
    Yes, the front and rear use different adaptors for the same rotor size, The '09 versions include both F&R IS mounts in the box.

Not sure about the post mount adaptor for 185 or 203 rotors. Not included will pre-'09 brakes.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

ride hard take risks
    I'm not going to argue with hd, man does his research pretty dang well but I believe they only come with the adapter needed. When working with a post mount their is interchangeability but with whats called direct mount you will need the correct adapter. The rear is pretty much all standard post mount. If the manufacture was smart like Manitou they would use a radial mount which MTB calls direct mount.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

~Disc~Golf~
    I musta been lucky guys!
    when I ordered my BB7's in '08 (185's) I got a post mount adapter along with the IS. At first I didn't care - I had IS front and back. Then when I got my Zoke this winter, I realized it has posts. At first I thought I was boned, but then I remembered and I rummaged though my bin o' parts - sure enough, post adapter and the longer screws!!

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll
    I musta been lucky guys!
    Thats cause your special bro.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

~Disc~Golf~
    that's what my mommy says!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I got a BB7 kit from jenson for 46 bucks (both 6" and 7" are that price) and it came with post mount spacer/adaptor and IS front and rear adaptors. Hell it even came with a torx L wrench.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettorider
    I got a BB7 kit from jenson for 46 bucks (both 6" and 7" are that price) and it came with post mount spacer/adaptor and IS front and rear adaptors. Hell it even came with a torx L wrench.
    They have always included the wrench.

Avid does not offer 6" or 7" rotors. 140mm, 160, 185 and 203mm are the standard sizes
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common