mtbr member

done with drag...

I have had a set of Juicy 7's since 2005ish and they have been great so when I built up a second bike I bought another set of Juicy 7's in late 2007. The front brake has been a constant pain - it squeals, but not all the time, it drags, but not all the time, it fades, but not all the time. I have tried new pads, new rotors, bleeding and rebleeding the brakes, I have tried putting a tiny amount of brake fluid on the pistons even thought they do seem to retract most of the time. I have had 2 local shops with skilled mechanics work on the front brake and I still have the problems. I'm not interested in working on it any more I'm interested in a replacement. What is the best, drag free, disk brake for a heavy duty trail bike.

wants a taco
    call avid and their is a good chance they will hook you up with a new caliper or a rebuilt kit or something to fix it. Id imagine its just a piston that gets sticky when hot or just when it feels like it.

Just tell them your story and be cool with them. They have ALWAYS taken care of any of our customers and it would be a shame to have to go out and buy a whole new set of brakes when you could get these fixed so easily.