mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Does anyone know the weight of Shimano XT 775 brakes

I have found the weight on calipers and levers, but would like to know the total weight for a front or rear setup, including rotor. I am trying to determine the weight difference between the Shimano brakes versus the new Hayes Stroker line who by the way have no problem listing their weights LOUD and PROUD on their website.
    Last edited by Anthem1; 12-02-2008 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Added XT to title

mtbr member
    474g, don’t know whether that’s the front or rear though…

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Wow that sounds heavy The stroker carbons are 381g's 160mm front and 370 rear if I go 140mm. Even lighter are the Stroker Grams at 351g's and 340g's.

mtbr member
    I would assume that might include a 180mm rotor and all the mounting hardware if it sounds all that heavy to you, I just took the weight from a review and they didn‘t say what the weight included...

I’d always recommend the Stroker’s anyway, I had the XT’s and they were pretty awful.

DGB
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by EGF168
    Iíd always recommend the Strokerís anyway, I had the XTís and they were pretty awful.
    I'd be the complete opposite!

TLL
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by EGF168
    Iíd always recommend the Strokerís anyway, I had the XTís and they were pretty awful.
    You are probably the only person on Earth that would say that.

I used to have a set of the 08 XT's; weights are around 250g for the front caliper/hose/lever and 260g for the rear, not including rotors or adapters.
    Hadley rear hub service here and here.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TLL
    You are probably the only person on Earth that would say that.

I used to have a set of the 08 XT's; weights are around 250g for the front caliper/hose/lever and 260g for the rear, not including rotors or adapters.
    I know thereís at least one other person on here, 1 person I know and 3 magazines that had similar problems and 2 that say the Strokerís are better. The worst I can say about the Strokerís is that the levers creek a little sometimes whereas I could easily go on and on about XTís.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I like my 08 XT's. I have my issues with them (occasional sticky pistons) but overall my experience is very positive. Mine were about 640g f/r, including pads and adapters. 203mm RT78 rotors are about 210g.