mtbr member
    May 2005

Disk brake: Real weight??

I'm looking for new disk brake.
    Does anyone have precise information including caliper, MC, rotor, hose.....
    By exemple the Magura SL weight vary between 335 grams and 380 grams depending of the source.....
    My choice are: - Formula R1
    - Marta SL
    - Hope tech x2

Thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    You would have better luck asking in the weight weenies forum. Also you could see if what you are looking for is listed here:

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/li...ype=discbrakes
    2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I bought some brakes from an ebay seller and he did some weighing for me. The Marta brakes are going to be slightly heavier for 2009 if you use an IS mount in the rear. That is, the front and back are post mounts now and require and adapter for IS mounting. Here are the weights:
    2009 Marta-Not SL(SL is about 5 grams lighter) - 240rear, 245front - no rotors or rotor bolts.
    My Marta rotors weigh right at 100 grams, about 10 grams for the bolts.
    IS adapter 30 grams.

Hope Tech X2:
    Front 260, Rear 270. No adapters or rotors. Hope floating rotors weigh 80g.

If you are interested PM me and i will give the guys email address or ebay seller id. He was really responsive to answering questions and good price on the brakes. I ended up buying the Tech X2's. I wanted to try something different, been using Marta's for several years with good luck. Liked the looks of the Hopes.