Lurker

disk brake problem quick ?

I had pull on my brake really hard and heard a thunking/ping sound. Now i pull on the lever and it does nothing anymore. I can see the brake pad moving a bit but its not biting anymore. The cable is secure and didnt slid threw. I pull down on the caliper arm and nada. the brakes are tektro nevola. Any ideas. Thanks .
    [SIZE="5"]Where the Sidewalk Ends[/SIZE]
    "Its not a hobby its a way of life."

Lurker
    tried to adjust them. They seem to work but when i pull the lever hard same thing and the caliper makes a clicking sound afterwards I guess i will have to strip them down.

Edit after getting them stripped down it seems where the bearings sits its "stripped". The clicking its the bearing rolling over into the other position. I guess i need new brakes or never pulling the front brakes to hard....sigh.
    Last edited by firstcut; 03-19-2010 at 03:24 PM.
    [SIZE="5"]Where the Sidewalk Ends[/SIZE]
    "Its not a hobby its a way of life."

What?
    Get some BB7's.. you will love them. If you want to ride while you wait for them( assuming you would get them off the internet since they are quite a bit cheaper), Switch the front and rear calipers so your front brake is the one the works the best. jensonusa.com has tektro auriga comp hydro brakes for like 50 bucks a wheel right now if you want to go the cheap hydro route. They came on my bike and have good power and modulation, Just not much in the way of adjustments.

ride hard take risks
    What he said BB7's will be the least expensive way to go.

http://www.spadout.com/b/Avid/mechan...-brake-system/
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot