Mtc
    mtbr member

Disk brake covers??

Anyone make disk brake covers/splash gaurds.
    Raced this weekend in wet conditions, everyones brake faded fast(disk and rim). The area has a lot of sand and man the rear pads were desentigrating noticable within the first 10 miles. The brake carnege was outragous, numerous people wore through the brake pad carriers and were braking with pistons on rotors which destroys everything. My rear pad material was gone and within a millimeter of piston on rotor for me.
    Does anyone make a splash guard for bikes with disks like motocycles have? I don't think the race would have been as bad it there wasn't a big clod of sandy mess setting right on the caliper/pad unit. Deflecting some of the debris and sandy slug from the disk and caliper seem like it would have prolonged brake life to me. I know they won't be sealed totally, but seems anything would help.

Out Of Control
    I can't remeber off hand what shop carries them but THE produces a carbon disc cover....not cheap either....was over $100.

mtbr member
    I don't know if they still have them but http://www.johnhenrybikes.com/ had some of the "THE" versions on sale for around $5.00 CDN a few months back. They are in North Vancouver, B.C., Canada and have a North America wide toll-free # 1-866-986-5534.
    Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrok
    I can't remeber off hand what shop carries them but THE produces a carbon disc cover....not cheap either....was over $100.