Thread: Discs rubbing

hmmm.

Discs rubbing

Alright, this is an odd thing that probably makes me look pretty silly, but I cannot figure it out at all. Every time I put a wheel back on, my brakes rub. It doesn't matter how hard I hold it in place or how many times I try putting it on, they always rub and I have to readjust it to keep them from rubbing more. I really have no idea at all about it. Any help is appreciated

Singletrack Slayer
    Do you put a shim in your caliper when you take off your wheel. I find this helps a lot. But, on my new Hayes Stroker Trails, I had this problem a few times, it pissed my off too. I have not had the problem after a few rides. My thinking is that the pistions float side to side some and need to be broken in well.

hmmm.
    A shim?.. Interesting idea, but I dunno. I don't have hydraulics, so sticking pistons don't really apply to me. I'll try it next time anyway and see how it goes.

Meh.
    Everytime you reinstall a wheel the QR may be tightened a little differently and the axle may sit in the dropouts a little differently. This can cause rubbing.