High Speed Botanist

Discs for '98 Mtn. Cycle San Andreas?

So i went to the LBS to get disc brakes put on my San Andreas and found out the posts on the rear swingarm do not match today's international standard. I have just sent an email to Mtn. Cycle about my problem. The mount holes are about 30mm apart which is way closer than international. Anyone know of a brake that would fit or an adaptor/solution? Input would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Beyond the stars

I have an 02' Mt. Cycle

so I don't have the same problem, but Mt. Cycle used to make a brake system in addition to the bikes they make, special size, before the International Standard

They should be able to hook you up with an adaptor.

High Speed Botanist

Problem solved....

Thankfully Mtn. Cycle makes an adapter to allow for a new disc brake to be mounted on the rear swingarm. It's gonna cost me about 35$ with shipping and is CNC'd aluminum. They said it clamps around the swingarm. I'll put up a post to let ya'll know how it works.

Beyond the stars

Great, you'll soon be riding again with disc brakes

Post up a pict when you get her fixed up

Here is mine.

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

High Speed Botanist

yea i will...

should get the bike back later next week. woohoo!!!! i take it the rear swingarm is wrapped to prevent damage from the chain? ever rack yourself on that waterbottle cage? haha what kinda riding do you do? I mainly trail ride, roots, rocks, small drops and hit the dh sometimes.

Enjoy!!!

Beyond the stars

I live in Phoenix AZ, so . . .

It's hot here and I use the cage to hold my battery for my light 'cause night riding is about all you can do when it's hot here, that or get up at O' dark hundred to ride before the sun comes up.

I rode the bike around for about a year and a half as my only bike starting in late 02' sorta an "early adoptor" of the "long travel" trail bike thing. She's heavy, a single pivot and a suckie climber, but the extra travel 5 inch front and 6 inch rear make short work of the rocks we have here (it really does make a difference).

With a longer seatpost I ride here like a Trail bike, with the one pictured, the heavier wheelset (sun singletracks) and a new set o pedals I will take this baby to Mammoth CA for the second year in a row.

Downhill on a long travel trail bike is fun and exciting, I would like to get into some jumping soon, but I' m an old guy so nothing too sick.