mtbr member

Disc Set-Up, Advice Appreciated

Apologies if this is an oft-asked question but your input would be appreciated chaps.......

I'm just getting back into proper XC riding and want to up-grade my front brake which is currently a worn out XTR V-brake. So I'm having a Mavic 717 rim laced to an XTR disc-ready hub and the bike has Marzocchi Bomber forks with caliper lugs.

My question is what to buy? My requirements are light weight and good feel rather than eye-bulging power (although I want it have enough power to throw me over the bars). I don't need the latest thing, it must be hydraulic and I'm happy to buy S/H if that gets me something even better for my money. Anticipated budget is circa 120 ($180) including the rotor (which I assume will be 160mm).

I use the bike for fast technical singletrack and a little bit of easy grade DH.

Thanks in advance......
    Using yesterday's technology, to create tomorrow's problems, today.

LightJunction.com
    You should check out some of Avid's Elixir models. They have a variety of them, starting at a pretty low price, so you should be able to find one that suits you. Check out Pricepoint.com or one of the other online bike sites to get a deal on last year's model.
    We sell quality bike headlights and flashlights.
    www.LightJunction.com

mtbr member
    Thanks for the reply but after some research carried out with a bottle of red my mind is now set........ I'm going for the Hope Special Evo X2 with a 183mm floating rotor. They seem to have about everything going for them and will be better brakes than I am a rider probably.

Thanks again.
    Using yesterday's technology, to create tomorrow's problems, today.