mtbr member

disc rub problem

i installed new discs, they are exactly same as my previous ones. while there is no problem on rear whwwl, front wheel disc seems to be to close to the fork leg and seems to rub against caliper body. is there any way to adjust posistion of disc. i need it further from fork leg.

Meh.
    I have no idea what you're saying. Take a picture. We also need more information. What brake is it? What fork? etc.

If you're saying that it rubs on the caliper, you can just center the caliper. Go look on the Park Tools website in the repair section.

mtbr member
    well i cant center the caliper over the disk. that is the problem. there is a little room to move caliper but even if i move it all the way to the side it is still not enough and disc still rubs it.

wyrd bi ful rd
    What caliper are you using? What type of mount is it? PM or IS?

From what you are saying, you have just replaced your rotor and it is the exact same model as you previously owned and nothing else has changed ...

Try to loosen your QR and make sure that your axel is correctly seated in the drop-outs and try re-aligning the caliper again. I always do it with the bike upside down as gravity will help to seat the axel properly into the drop-outs.

Meh.
    Still haven't provided enough info... You can use thin shims between the adapter (or caliper) and the disc tabs or between the rotor and the hub. If it's mechanical, you may need to adjust the pad position. If it's hydraulic, you may need to reset the pistons.

Though if it's the same rotor and you haven't changed anything otherwise... it shouldn't matter.

Have you visited the Park Tools site?

It sounds like you should take it to a bike shop now.