mtbr member

Disc pad recommendation for Avid Juicy 5

What brand of pads do you all recommend for Avid Juicy 5?

I ordered some Galfer pads and they did fit in the brake housing, but the "handle" portion of the pad was in a different spot and interfered with the bracket that holds the brake housing to my bike (hope that makes sense). I had to send them back.

Just curious as to what other brands of pads have the handle portion in the same spot as Avid and will work on my bike (2005 Marin Rift Zone).

Thanks

Feeding your addiction
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyR in San Antonio
    What brand of pads do you all recommend for Avid Juicy 5?

I ordered some Galfer pads and they did fit in the brake housing, but the "handle" portion of the pad was in a different spot and interfered with the bracket that holds the brake housing to my bike (hope that makes sense). I had to send them back.

Just curious as to what other brands of pads have the handle portion in the same spot as Avid and will work on my bike (2005 Marin Rift Zone).

Thanks
    All you have to do with the Galfer in that case is bend or snip the "handle" and they'll work fine. You could try Goodridge pads (in the organic/ceramic compound), or the new Avid Organic compound, I've had good results from both of those.

Thanks
    Larry
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity". - Dave Barry

mtbr member

EBC green pads

I use EBC green pads as a typical replacement pad. The pad material has to be trimmed a little to line up with the spring properly, but they work great. They tend to be cheaper than anyones OE replacement pads and they work fantastic.

The EBC "Avid" pads now come with a score mark that allows you to bend the arm like the stock Avid pads.