mtbr member

DIsc mounts on a front fork

I'm newer to mtbing, so spare me the crap and get to the point! It is going to be much apperihative for me to comprehend the infomation.

So i have a bike and just got dics for it to upgrade from my v's, there mechanical (the forte brakes from preformance bike, with 160mm rotor) and i see that the instructions have this type of mount (http://mountain.bike198.com/wp-conte...ake-mounts.jpg) i think its called a IS mount, correct me if im wrong. And my front frk has this type of mount (http://mountain.bike198.com/wp-conte...ost-mounts.jpg) i think its called a post mount, again correct me if im wrong.

My Qusetion is.... Do i need to use the adapters that came in the kit or do i just mount the brakes straight to the front fork?

THANKS,

JO-B

~Disc~Golf~
    I looked all over that site and cannot find forte disc brakes.
    Anyways, they can only go on one way (here's the crap) It shouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out if the caliper's mounting holes are parallel with the rotor (PM) or perpendicular to the rotor (IS)
    Honestly... ahh I give up

mtbr member
    If you have a post mount fork and the calipers are post mount then you shouldn't need an adapter for 160mm rotors.

Rub it............
    Post mount fork - no adapters for the calipers when using 160mm rotors. Might have to use small 1mm washers to shim, in case there is a small clearance issue. But no adapter.

The Forte' brakes are out of stock on the web. Avail in stores.

mtbr member
    thanks for everything guys, just finsihed putting the brakes and the rotors on the bike going to finish and test tomorow... you were correct no adapteer needed! thanks again JO-B