mtbr member
    May 2007

Disc brakes on Rocket 88 help.

Hello, First post here. I have been searching for a few days now with not much luck. With the help of another member, I have coming an adapter for my rocket 88. It's the A2Z adapter:http://www.bicyclesupply.net/Product...spx?id=1787443. Does anyone have an idea on weather or not I would be able to squeeze an Avid BB7 in with this or do I have to go the hayes hydo. way? No big deal either way, I just prefer the feel and modulation of the cable discs. Thanks in advance for your help.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    If your frame has the 22mm Hayes mount, it looks to me like you can use any IS mount brake (an Avid mech with the rear IS adapter should work)...there may be some restrictions on rotor sizes available wth that adapter

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    If the mount is on the chainstay there is not enough room for the adaptor and a disc caliper
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Thanks for the reply's. I have the part on order and should be here by weeks end. I have seen a rocket 88 with hydraulic discs, I would just like to get the Avid Mech. discs on. From what I've been told, I should be able to get it to work by using a 160mm caliper but the 185mm disc. I will post with my luck hopefully by weeks end or early next week.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by spinkid
    Thanks for the reply's. I have the part on order and should be here by weeks end. I have seen a rocket 88 with hydraulic discs, I would just like to get the Avid Mech. discs on. From what I've been told, I should be able to get it to work by using a 160mm caliper but the 185mm disc. I will post with my luck hopefully by weeks end or early next week.
    OhhhKay...

All Avid calipers are the same. You use different mounts for the different rotor sizes.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common