Noobster
    Jun 2010

Disc brakes for a GF Tiburon? Cant fnd anything on it......

Hi all!

Just got my first bike this year, a 08' Tiburon, nice and cheap.

Not for anything even near serious...just rides to work and the local trails.

I don't mind the current brakes, but I got to ride my buddies bike with disc brakes and.....wow.

I searched a while and cannot find any difnitive answers.

What would one need to do to get disc brakes on this thing if it is possible/feasable?

I plan on upgrading soon but am not sure what to at this point, but in the mean time would kill for disc.
    Any thoughts would be more than appreciated.
    It's not a bug, that is expected product behavior......

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by OoNickoC
    Hi all!

Just got my first bike this year, a 08' Tiburon, nice and cheap.

Not for anything even near serious...just rides to work and the local trails.

I don't mind the current brakes, but I got to ride my buddies bike with disc brakes and.....wow.

I searched a while and cannot find any difnitive answers.

What would one need to do to get disc brakes on this thing if it is possible/feasable?

I plan on upgrading soon but am not sure what to at this point, but in the mean time would kill for disc.
    Any thoughts would be more than appreciated.
    Front only. No rear disc mounts. You would also need to replace the front wheel.

Not worth doing IMO. Save your money for the upgraded bike.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    There actually is an adapter out there that works for GF (not brake therapy or any of those). It mounts down near the rear dropouts (there are holes in the GF frame there for whatever reason). I got one once for an old GF of mine and it took some scouring on the web to find. You also do need different wheels as mentioned above. So it may only be worth doing if you are going to be using the bike as your serious mt bike.