1 bike per day + 1 or 2
    Sep 2005

Disc brake mounting question and help needed.

Here is my situation.

I have a pair of the Manitou Black Elite 100/120mm travel fork. The brakes are older XT (about 2-3 years old). The bracket that I was given with the brakes is for a 170mm rotor.

The Manitou's have a post style disc mount that is 74mm center to center and the brake caliper has a 51mm center to center bolt pattern.

What I was told when I got the forks was that I should be running a 170mm rotor and that is what was ordered.

Now when I had these wheels set up on my SS with Pace forks, the 160mm worked perfectly as I had the IS mounts on that fork. Now that I have swithced over to V-brakes on my SS and WW builds, I thought it would be nice to give the wife my old wheels. Mavic 717/XT hubs and XT splinelock rotors.

I am thinking that I am stuck with the 170mm rotors due to the fact that the forks are 74mm post mount and the brake calipers are 51mm IS.

Is this information correct or is it possible to get a bracket to run 160mm rotors?

Meh.
    Nope, no way to run 160mm rotors with a post mount fork and IS caliper. 10mm rotor size increase is the minimum.

1 bike per day + 1 or 2
    Sep 2005
    So where the heck do I find a 170mm Shimano centerlock rotor. I have tried over the last few minutes but can not find any anywhere.

I have 2 Shimano 6 bolt 160mm rotors and 1 Shimano 170mm 6 bolt rotor but I do not really want to buy an adaptor for the 6 bolts to splinelock but I might have too I guess.

ups and downs
    170mm rotor is the seventh item down the list on this page, and the 6th adapter on this page will match an IS caliper to 74mm PM fork on a 170mm rotor if you want to doublecheck your adapter. Use a DT Swiss centrelock adapter and you have a 170mm centerlock rotor.